The way a home smells can be just as important as the way it looks to potential buyers. We have all heard of baking cookies, cooling an apple pie, or brewing a fresh pot of coffee as ways to entice potential buyers. On the other hand, have you ever had the experience of being overpowered by the scent of a wall plugin when you walked into an open house?
A scent can play an important role in setting the ambiance for your home. Here are other ideas you could try.
- Clean the air with an air purifying potted plant
- Boil cinnamon sticks or an extract (vanilla,almond) on the stove
- Decorate with live wreaths
- Use a scent booster in your laundry
- Have fresh flowers or herbs in common areas
- Pop fresh popcorn
- Place a vase of eucalyptus leaves in bathrooms
There is only one opportunity for a first impression. Make sure your house smells as beautiful as it looks.
Leave a comment below if you have any other suggestions or one of these works for you.
For those in the Portland, OR area contact me at email@example.com or 503-890-1935. I take great pride in what I do and I’m excited for the opportunity to work with you!